Post Whitening Care Instructions
Maximize your teeth whitening results for the first 48 hours (two days) following the procedure.
12 to 24 hours are required for teeth to re-mineralize.
Avoid consuming dark, yellow, or other “staining” foods or liquids. If it would stain a white shirt, steer clear!
Follow this food and beverage list for maximum whitening care and results during the first 48 hours:
It’s safe to consume:
- ❖ Drinks: Milk, Water, Clear Soft-Drinks, White Wine
- ❖ Fruits: Bananas, Apples (no peel)
- ❖ Foods: White bread, Flour tortillas, Plain Yogurt, White Cheeses, Sour Cream, White
Rice, Baked Potatoes, Plain Pasta, White Sauces, White Fish, Turkey, Chicken or any skinless white meat
- ❖ Drinks: Red Wine, Coffee, Dark Soft-Drinks, Tea or any other colored beverages
- ❖ Fruits: Grapes, Berries or any fruit with color
- ❖ Foods: Red meat (steak or burgers), Red sauces, Mustard, Ketchup, Soy Sauce,
- ❖Steak Sauce, Chocolate
- ❖ All tobacco products and Lip Stick
Use an over-the-counter pain reliever (Advil or Tylenol) as needed to reduce sensitivity.
Use prescription fluoride toothpaste as directed by your dentist or hygienist.
Maintain your new, brighter smile with consistent daily oral hygiene (brushing and flossing) and schedule your professional teeth cleaning with a dental hygienist two times per year.